Responsive Web Design
One size CAN fit all
These days you don’t need to have a website, a mobile version of your website, and if you’re up with the times, a mobile app. NZ Internet can provide you with one version of your website that will fit all digital platforms.
When planning for the future of your company, wouldn’t you rather invest in a single design that can easily be modified to adjust to changing technology and web standards?
A non-responsive website is already out of date, as you’re not talking to your widest possible audience in the best manner.
With responsive design, you won’t have to make changes, because your website will automatically adjust to new monitor and mobile device sizes as they’re developed - it responds to whatever device it’s viewed on. Not only will it work on today’s technology and older devices, but it will also be future-proofed to work on new devices that have yet to be made.
However, responsive design isn’t just about fitting your site on a mobile screen; it’s about site functionality that works with a mobile device. For example, addresses are clickable and can carry you to native GPS apps, phone numbers will dial when clicked, and buttons, menus, and text fields are touch-friendly.
In today’s market, consumers just want something that works and is easy to use. The responsive platform allows our designers to prepare for the future by proactively making your website work for years to come. The benefits are obvious – once you build the site, it will work seamlessly across hundreds of different screens and devices. Given the growing number of tablets and smartphones of all shapes and sizes, responsive design is the best way for you to ensure your online presence will always keep your customers happy.
Major brands and companies the world over have started switching to responsive design so that their clients and customers can easily access their websites and services no matter what digital device they are using. Isn’t it time you moved to responsive design?
Responsive facts and figures
Responsive design is important, and here’s some reasons why.
- Mobile traffic now accounts for 20% of all web traffic and is rapidly increasing
- 85% of adults think that a company’s mobile website should be as good or better than their desktop website
- 69% of tablet users have shopped via their tablet device in the last 30 days
- 48% of users said that if a site didn’t work well on their smartphone, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business
- 67% of users are more likely to make a purchase with a smartphone on a mobile friendly site than on a non-mobile optimised site
- 90% of people use more than one device to view the internet
- In a study of 5,388 smartphone and tablet users, 48% complained that websites were not optimised for mobile devices
*Source: The World Wide Web